Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

viewfinder for 65mm lens for 6x9 Graphic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkreithen

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2001 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone over the old posted questions, and know that a 65mm lens field of view on a Century Graphic requires a #4 mask for the tubular viewfinder that came with the Century (the short version). My question is: my Century has the long version of the finder, and I was wondering if it shows the same field of view for the same mask as the short finder. Either this is the case, or I must first find a short tubular finder for my Century. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, I have a roll-film back which produces (ostensibly) 6x9 negatives (more like 56x82, though). Thanks.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2001 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-05-14 18:28, dkreithen wrote:
I've gone over the old posted questions, and know that a 65mm lens field of view on a Century Graphic requires a #4 mask for the tubular viewfinder that came with the Century (the short version). My question is: my Century has the long version of the finder, and I was wondering if it shows the same field of view for the same mask as the short finder. Either this is the case, or I must first find a short tubular finder for my Century. Any help would be appreciated. BTW, I have a roll-film back which produces (ostensibly) 6x9 negatives (more like 56x82, though). Thanks.

Huh? The 65 has a wider angle of view than
the tubular finder, masking the finder makes
things worse. Midwest Photo Exchange has a pile of lenses which attach to the finder and
give more-or-less the same angle of view as a 65 on 2x3 or a 90 on 4x5.

about 56x82 passing for 6x9, that's pretty normal. the graflex 6x9 roll backs give 56x78. 56x82 is almost exactly 2 1/4 x 3 1/4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: