Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Developing methods?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrktoohrd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchsed a HP Combi daylight tank and was wondering if anyone else uses this tank? I have a good working knoledge of developing film but have only developed 35mm in the past. I was just wondering if I will be able to achieve good results with this tank (i.e. even coverage of the chemicals)Multiple tanks are not an option for me right now as I do not have a darkroom (live in an apt). I will be scanning my negs or taking them to a pro lab for printing but do want the control of pushing or pulling the development time, and also want to save $ on the developing. Thanks for any input.
alecj

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest you modify the loading procedure by inserting the loaded rack into a filled tank before putting on the top. It takes so long to fill through the small spout that some film gets lots more contact with developer before the other sheets, causing uneven development. After that, it's pretty much the same as other closed tanks. Also, be careful re: using enough developer for the amount of film loaded. If you dilute your developer, you may have to reduce the number of sheets processed in one run.

You can use inversion agitation so it is better than the older FR tanks. They've been around a long time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: