Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone tell me about my RB?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckcollins

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Graflex RB, a 4X5 SLR, all original save for a back from the 1950s (so you can use modern sheet, roll, and Polaroid backs) and, as far as I know, it works. The black leather is all original and it has a focal plane shutter (T, 1/10 through 1/1000 sec). Lens is a No. 33 Kodak Anastigmat 7-1/2" f 4.5.

The dates on the bottom plate range from 16 Dec 1902 to 6 May 1913. The metal is finished in black paint. It looks as if it has a faint bluish cast.

Anyone have an idea as to its rarity and value? (I have photos of the camera that I can e-mail if you're interested.)

45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maeby you hit the XL fourm by accident as this question belongs in the Reflex Help section next door. If the nice moderator does not move the post, as only he can do that, post a date question in the reflex help section with the serial number which can be found embossed into the lip around the view hood opening or just behind the top of the view hood on the inside of the lid. Also include the model name found on the top of the speed chart, RB stands for revolving back and applies to Auto, Series B thru D and a few others.
Charles

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2004-02-21 22:09 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: