Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

roll film back for my Graflex Crown 3 1/4 x 4 1/4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan W

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased a Graflex Crown. Can I get a roll film back for this and can I still buy 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 sheet film?? I live in the Chicago area.- Alan W
Les

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheet film from the major manufacturers has been discontinued for decades. You could cut your own, or buy cut down film from Dick Haviland at "Film for Classics" ( think it's filmforclassics.com)

Graflex did make a roll back for the 3x4 but it suffers from not having the pin rollers to keep the edges of the film flat, and thus pictures sharp. Nonetheless, these backs are very hard to find and fetch painfull prices when they do come up.
Henry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to cut down the 4x5 roll film back platen to fit the 3x4? Maybe a machine shop could take on a job like this.
cgoff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2001 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 3 x 4 Speed that I modified for extreme wide angle using (believe it or not) a 50mm lens from a Pentax 35mm camera...

But anyway, I have a rollfilm holder made by "E. Suydam and Company" which looks like junk, being made of sheetmetal, but works just fine. The design is so basic that it doesn't even have a counter; there are little red windows on the back that let ou see the numbers printed on the 120 film backing paper. But it seems to hold the film quite flat.

I suspect that one of these would be damn hard to find, but if you see one, snap it up. The 3 x 4 camera is kind of an orphan size.
________
ipad games
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: