Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meyer-Gorlitz

View previous topic :: View next topic  
giant robot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just acquired a speedgrphic at a yard sale for $5. It was in terrible shape, but a little scraping and lubing made it appear to be not so bad. I had a question about the lens. It is a Meyer-Gorlitz Trioplan 135 f/3.8. I didn't find it in the Lens FAQs. Is it a decent lens or should I look into getting something else? For one, the apeture blades are totally missing.
Les

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2001 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh.... Errrrr... ummmmm...The fact that the aperture blades have been removed pretty much makes the reputation of the lens moot, doesn't it?

If the shutter blades were missing, you could fall back on the body shutter, but without an iris, you'd be shooting wide open all the time, which isn't condusive to accurate exposures or sharp pictures, except for those to things it should be a great lens!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: