Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex 3-cell Horrified!!!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thompson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While cleaning out the attic last week with my grandson i found my old Graflex Ann. It bought back many memories and i was keen to clean it up. However i broke the reflector when cleaning it. When looking on the internet for a replacement what did i find? That just about every page to do with the flash was how to convert it into a Lightsabre from the ******** films. I can't believe people are doing this to such a beautifully crafted piece of equipment.
My advice is not to go selling any graflex to spotty 15 year olds as you know were its going to end up.
If anyone does have a old Graflex 3-cell ******* and live in the UK please get in contact with me

Thankyou
Les

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Post-George Lucas world of Graflex.
Yes the 15year olds still do that but a few years back they were equally rabid about their views and actually managed to shut this site down for 2 years.

The good news is that the demand has caused several people with connections to Taiwan to reproduce the battery case as a working flash gun, thus the price had dropped to a quarter or less than the $400-$600 tag they were just a few years ago.

Now if you think these prices are high, try finding an MPP flash. These are a Heiland knock of by the famed British firm of Micro Precision Product.

It was this fairly rare model (particularly here in the US) that was used by "Mista Lucas" . Before word got around you could by a nice MPP 5x4 camera and flash for around $300. Now the camera sells for $100 and the flash for $750.
clnfrd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broke the reflector while cleaning it? Hmmmm. Don't make reflectors like they used to.
thompson

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, There was already i tiny crack in the glass which must have been caused in while in storage. As i held it in one hand and was polishing with the cloth and window cleaner i pushed a little to hard and its now in 2 pieces. The battery holder is still in one piece and is in reasonable condition so i might try and get a friend to put it on ebay and make some money from some ******** fans.
clnfrd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I've led a sheltered life, but I've never seen a flash gun with a glass reflector. I'd like to know more. And your Graflex Ann. What size is it it and what kind of lens and shutter does yours have. I'm never too old to learn. Thanks. Fred.
ssdesigner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your anger toward ******** fans ease the guilt for throwing these flashguns away by tre boxfulls in the 70's and 80's? A camera guy couldn't give one of these things away until it was used in a ******** film. I think the anger from camera collectors is childish...the old "I don't want it but I don't want YOU getting it either" attitude. Sad, really sad. 90% of these flashes would be rotting in a landfill somewhere if the ******** fans didn't want them. If you think this is false then your lying to yourself. The price of these things in the 70's and 80's proves my point as FACT. You guys need to get over it, it's ONE flash out of how many produced?

-SS
ssdesigner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the fact that your site edits out the words S.t.a.r. W.a.r.s is more proof to the fact that you need to get over this. *rolls eyes*

-SS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: