Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lens inquiry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
westfi1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a new member and would appreciate some information. I bought a Century Graphic with a Rodenstock Ysarex 95mm f3.5 lens in a Compur shutter. Is this a decent lens, and does anyone have any experience with it or information about it ? Thanks in advance for responding.

Bob
larrys

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob --
You really don't need to ask the same question in multiple forums. Most folks here read most of them. For this one, a post to Lenses would be all you need to get a good answer. Beyond that, welcome!
-ls-
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-10-10 17:19, larrys wrote:
Hi Bob --
You really don't need to ask the same question in multiple forums. Most folks here read most of them. For this one, a post to Lenses would be all you need to get a good answer. Beyond that, welcome!
-ls-
Larry, In a reply to Bob's original post in the lenses section, I suggested to Bob that he post his question here too. He's innocent, although perhaps overly suggestible. If there is a guilty party at all, I'm it.

Cheers,

Dan
blwallen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rodenstock Ysarex 95mm f3.5 lens is a very good lens and may have gotten to your Century's lens board by way of a Graphic XL, where these were stock offerings. I can't see any significant differences between it and my 100mm Tessar, both of which I use on my XLs. If you happen to be using this lens with a 6x9 back, you should be sure to check coverage on ground glass, particularly if you are moving the front standard for perspective control.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex XL Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: