Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

8X10 Graphic View? I don't think so, but...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASpeedGraphic

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Check out EBay auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/Professional-CAMERA-with-bellows-HUGE-Polaroid-Kodak_W0QQitemZ7621827866QQcategoryZ15248QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That looks just like a plain old 4X5 Graphic View...Pretty sure it is. Just wanted to make sure, though, in case it is an oddball. Pretty unmistakable with the red bellows, distinctive rail, and the design of the standards.

A 300mm lens wouldn't even be a normal lens on an 8X10, but it's labeled as a portrait lens...also, the proportions would not be like that for an 8X10.

Like I said, though...just double checking with the experts. If such a thing ever did exist, it would be quite a find.

Keith

[ This Message was edited by: ASpeedGraphic on 2006-05-23 03:42 ]
Henry

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert, but I agree that it looks like a Graphic View I 4x5, tricked out as a passport camera. (The Calumet 8x10 documentation is irrelevant to this object.)
t.r.sanford

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be sure, the photo does seem to depict the first "Graphic View" model. The two-lens arrangement is interesting -- it looks as though someone built a flat box around a large pneumatic shutter and attached the two lenses to the front. I've seen commercial two- and four-lens cameras that took a Polaroid sheetfilm back and were used for passport and other ID photo production, but I'd not previously seen a retrofit for a "Graphic."

The 12-in. lens referenced may belong to whatever 8x10 camera the Calumet documentation described. Such a thing would be of limited utility on a "Graphic View," because of the limited bellows extension.
Rangemaster

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it is a View I mounted on a View II rail as the View I rail was shorter, the length he is stating is about what the View II rail was, based on the measurements of the film holders he added, it is a 4x5, the 8x10 documentations is obviously from another camera and got mixed in this lot.

Dave

45PSS

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kodak 12" (305mm) f4.8 is the forerunner of the 12" f4.5 Ektar. These are Portrait lens and the Ektar usually sells on ebay for around $400. The standard 12" Ektar is f6.3 and is standard (normal) for 8x10.
Charles

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2006-05-24 22:50 ]
Les

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2006-05-24 22:48, 45PSS wrote:
The Kodak 12" (305mm) f4.8 is the forerunner of the 12" f4.5 Ektar. These are Portrait lens and the Ektar usually sells on ebay for around $400. The standard 12" Ektar is f6.3 and is standard (normal) for 8x10.
Charles

So much for getting a deal on a nice 5x7 portrait lens.

Les
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: