Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

secure/insecure logging in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Les

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2001 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I log in when I post a reply everything is fine. But if I click the login button in the top right and try to sign in insecurely, the page refreshes, all of the forum icons turn pink the page goes to a secure version (https:) but I'm still logged in.

If I click on the secure button, it will refresh to a secure page and I can log in properly.

It seems as though the insecure feature isn't working.
klotz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2001 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Les. It looks like once you're is in secure mode you never get out of it, even if you click logout -- only if you leave the site and come back via a URL or a bookmark.

So, I put in a a screen to exit https mode once you've logged in. Press continue and it will pop up a dialog telling you you're requesting an insecure page, and then once you click that you're out of secure https mode. (If you click on FAQ or something instead then it would take you there in secure mode, but I can fix that some later time). Please let
alecj

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, if you do log in as secure, why don't you have a choice of forums at THAT page? You can go to private messages and then find that option. When I chose "continue" on that first page, the secure icon goes off. If I read your last message, you seemed to think it would stay on. Are you saying you are still secure even though the icon isn't on anymore? I don't think so [at least my computer doesn't think so!]
klotz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alec,
The secure mode is just for sending your password securely. That's why there's an exit button for it. I'm sorry you have to do two clicks to go to the forums -- I'll see if I can optimize it, but I'm not sure I can.

Leigh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: