Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using a Century as a field view camera
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Les

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2001 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Das ist wir okay, das, wissen yankees nicht, was ein umlatis!p
Henry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2001 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les,

Ihr Deutsch ist sogar schlimmer als das meinige!

[ This Message was edited by: Henry on 2001-10-08 15:32 ]
GLENLIVET

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather a late reply...
You can correct verticals in Photoshop Elements. Select - All. Image - Transform - Perspective.
Henry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2001 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very interesting. Nowhere in the product overview at http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopel/pdfs/psele_ov.pdf is there any mention of perspective correction in Photoshop Elements. Image crop and straighten, yes; perspective correction---nothing. I am in process of communicating with Adobe to get their word on this, as I would surely purchase Elements if it indeed has this capability. Could it be that the version sold abroad differs from the one sold here? Meanwhile, thanks to GLENLIVET for this information.
Henry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are still following this thread--whether Photoshop Elements enables perspective correction--with all due respect to a previous post, here's the answer. It was right in front of my face, in a Shutterbug review of the product (May 2001, p. 32f): "There are no transforms, so you can't correct perspective in a photograph."
GLENLIVET

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photoshop Elements does provide perspective control, which can be used to straighten verticals.
Henry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we talking about the same product here? Photoshop Elements, a relatively new (2001) variation of Adobe Photoshop---not the top of the line Adobe Photoshop, which assuredly does enable perspective correction, not Adobe Photoshop LE (which does not---I have this version), and not Photoshop Deluxe. Elements retails here for $99 list. I don't know how to square your statement with information on the Adobe website or the Shutterbug product review, which I cited in previous posts. I have to conclude that your version of Elements differs from that available in the US.
Henry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, gang, here goes. It took eleven hours (yep, as in "hours") to download, but I have Photoshop Elements in the hard drive for a 30-day trial period, and guess what? It does indeed have perspective control! So first of all, my apologies to GLENLIVET for my being such a stubborn skeptic; the thing works exactly as he said: hit Image, then Transform, then Perspective, and with Marquee turned on you can drag the corners of the image every which way, to form various trapezoidal-shaped borders which will, among other things, allow you to straighten verticals (thereby correcting for insufficient movements in Graphics, especially in vertical format---this is a great boon for architectural work if you don't have several grand$ to spend on a Horseman or Linhof system). So thanks again to GLENLIVET, and a big fat raspberry to the Shutterbug reviewer who misstated the capabilities of Elements. For $99 it's on my shopping list now!
hartwell_a_m

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2001 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sence you have Photoshop LE you can upgrade to PhotoShop6 for around 150 dollars or so and then you will have all the bells and whistles that PhotoShop has to offer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: