Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XL Polaroid Back (Graflex) needs a dark slide

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rchouser

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received a polaroid back for my xl. There is no dark slide in the film holder. I have looked at some old catalog photos of the Polaroid film back and their appears to be a dark slide in the picture. I am not familiar with the pack film set up, but it seems like this would be necessary. Questions: 1. Should this back have the Darkslide? 2. Can I get one anywhere? 3. Should I just try to get my money back? (the film back is really very clean otherwise). As always, thanks
alecj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-04-14 03:20, rchouser wrote:
I just received a polaroid back for my xl. There is no dark slide in the film holder. I have looked at some old catalog photos of the Polaroid film back and their appears to be a dark slide in the picture. I am not familiar with the pack film set up, but it seems like this would be necessary. Questions: 1. Should this back have the Darkslide? 2. Can I get one anywhere? 3. Should I just try to get my money back? (the film back is really very clean otherwise). As always, thanks

1. Yes
2. No, but you can probably find one somewhere.
3. That's only for you to decide.

You'll have to determine the size of the darkslide, then search for one. Pacific Rim has a lot. Thompson Photo has some too. Doubt if many places will know they have one for this, but if you have the measurements, they can check theirs.
antjam65

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can cut one from a 4x5 dark slide. I did this and it works fine. The 4x5 slide is a little too wide (I forget how much, but maybe about 1/8 inch?), so just 'trim' it with a sharp knife and straight edge. Once you get the width to fit it will still be too long, but it can be used that way, or simply cut it off to a more appropriate length. A little sanding might be needed to smooth the cut edges.
rchouser

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes the simplest answers are the hardest to see. Thanks for replies. I'm keeping the back and cutting the darkslide. I may still call around to see if someone has an old "proper" darkslide to "match the set". This is a great site for us "new guys". Again, thanks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex XL Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: