Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MY GVII is Alive but I need a parts source

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rchouser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a working short term solution to my broken screw saga. I have put in a replacement screw (non-shouldered) and used a little loc-tite to keep it in place (a la RichS, and, per bertsaunders suggestion, I have looked down the bellows and seen the next twelve screws I need to remove to dissasemble the front standard. These screws have not been taken care of. I want to be able to replace about half of them once I remove them,{heads are damaged from sloppy screw driver work). I am looking for a parts source. I need one shouldered screw and a set of bellows retaining screws. Does anyplace specialize in the small items (*******)? I have a repair manual now (copy) and am a little more confident. As a side note, while looking on ebay for a "parts" camera, I slipped and now have an "XL" on the way.
Guess I will now have to update my profile and move to the XL help area too. Again, thanks to all who have responded. This is a Great Group.
RichS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-04-04 11:54, rchouser wrote:
I have a working short term solution to my broken screw saga. I have put in a replacement screw (non-shouldered) and used a little loc-tite to keep it in place (a la RichS, and, per bertsaunders suggestion, I have looked down the bellows and seen the next twelve screws I need to remove to dissasemble the front standard. These screws have not been taken care of. I want to be able to replace about half of them once I remove them,{heads are damaged from sloppy screw driver work). I am looking for a parts source. I need one shouldered screw and a set of bellows retaining screws. Does anyplace specialize in the small items (*******)? I have a repair manual now (copy) and am a little more confident. As a side note, while looking on ebay for a "parts" camera, I slipped and now have an "XL" on the way.
Guess I will now have to update my profile and move to the XL help area too. Again, thanks to all who have responded. This is a Great Group.

Well, since you're blaming me for part of the repair, I'll offer what I can
You could try calling Fred Lustig. He does repairs, but I don't think he sells parts? Worth a try though.
Next would be the usual recomendation of a good hobby shop that deals in model trains. They usually have a large selection of small screws.
Another shot might be someone like MSC Industrial Supply Co. at http://www.mscdirect.com/ . They have all sorts of hardware...

And just an observation. If those bellows scres are mangled, the broken one probably wasn't your fault. It may have been broken before and not repaired correctly?

And tell me about spares and slips! I just got done paying for a GVI only because it had the compendium lens hood attached... Well, I wanted a GVI anyway I suppose...
Rangemaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a complete set of screws and several other parts from a completely disassembled GVI that could be of help, just drop me a note and let me know what your looking for and we should be able to wrok something out, I even have a good set of bellows, front and rear standards, it was a complete camera that I took apart, not difficult to take apart at all.

Let me know if you need help.

Dave Parker
Kalispell, MT
RichS

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, what kind of shape are those bellows in? The GVI I just bought looks pretty ragged (in the pics) and may need some help...
Rich...
P.S. e-mail may be better... rich@southbristolviews.com
rchouser

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,(RANGEMASTER), I am definitely needing some of your parts if you are willing. My email is rchouser@comcast.net. thanks
Rangemaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bellows are in great shape, they are light tight with no repairs and not many scuffs, the metal parts may have some scrached off paint but are other wise in good shape and fully usable to repair other cameras, anybody needing parts, let me know my email is dparker@archery-info.com

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: