Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Schneider Lens on Old Crown Graphic??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raydiant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am purchasing a Crown Graphic soon and am wondering if I can fit newly manufactured Schneider and Rodenstock Lens onto the Crown's Lensboard. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

With Sincerest Thanks,
Ray

RichS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing stopping most of us from mounting new lenes to our Graphics is the cost!
The only limitations would be physical size and focal length, and of course it has to cover the film with it's image circle. A 4x5 Crown can easily fit anything from a 65mm to 250mm and up to a 380mm tele. The size restriction would be the lens board size for the mounting hole and the actual hole in the front standard. I've seen lensboard holes from 25mm to about 80mm and so far no two lens here are the same size for a mounting hole... The hole in the front standard is 75mm across, so the rear element of the lens would have to be smaller than that. And beleive it or not, some folks get around that by mounting the lens without the rear cell, then screwing the rear cell into the mounted lens through the back of the camera... Some folks even say a 47mm will work on a Crown. I can't say for sure because I can't afford one to try

So, yes, any new lens will fit; if it fits...

Rich...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: