Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RB Auto stuck shutter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hwbookout

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem is similar to John's above with the difference that the shutter slit can't be set in any combination of positions of the "I" and "T" slider. I posted the following to Greg (John's salvation) but wondered if anyone else has suggestions:

My problem is similar to the one you recently answered except that sliding to "I" doesn't help fire the shutter. Curtain is locked. No size slit is seen in the "F" hole. That's where it's stuck. Tension on "6" shutter still doesn't fire. What's the best approach for getting this shutter rolling! My model is R.B. Auto-Graflex (last patent 1913, no Ser. No. I can find). By the way, what is lever "M" for? also facing the shutter control side of the camera, at the lower left is a little brass button that goes in and springs out but doesn't seem to do anything. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Henry
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answered your email Henry, have instructions for re-tensioning when you check out the things I asked you to do!
Bert
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news for Henry's problem.......someone had strongarmed the winder key, dont know how they managed to jamb it so tight, and still not break anything.....After the chore of removing the key hardware, I did find 2 deformed gear teeth...a bit of unjamming, and filing on the teeth did the trick....also found the gear shaft was frozen in its bushings...it had been locked for quite some time, to be frozen so solid in the bushings (applied DW40 to it for 20 mins, and still had to drive it out of the bushing on the hardware side)! In the >mirror cocking arm >"H"<, I found a >hardened straight pin< in the tapered hole, and it was un-drillable, as well as near impossible to remove! Also found that the shutter release arm >"M"< was improperly installed, which would also have prevented the key from turning, if the roller hadnt been frozen tight on it's own! Camera is back together and working as it should....have done a bit of cleanup, and fixing some minor problems.....and it's about ready for some film!.......Bert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: