Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flashbulb adapter question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jchamb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finally going through this big pile of stuff I got with my Crown Graphic 4x5, and along with the 3 cell Heiland flash (7" reflector) are two flashbulb adapters.

One adapter obviously fits the Press 25 bulb (as I have some that came with the camera) - a bayonet type adapter about 1/2 inch in diameter.

The other adapter I have no idea. It has the large screw base to fit into the Heiland synchronizer, and then it "adapts" to a screw base which appears to be about 3/8" in diameter. What sort of bulb is this for?
Les

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't fit any flash bulb, but at one time you could get a threaded candleabra (?) base bulb rated at 3 or 4.5 volts and was used to test the system without blowing a bulb.

They also still make these adapters for you house hold to convert edison base to candleabra base. but these usually look like bushings in that there is no tall section to raise the bulb higher.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: