Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dirty filthy gritty film holders!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Springback

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! My ebay Crown arrived today! Along with the camera I also got two holders, a Graflex and a Fidelity to add to my modest collection, but these new holders are really dirty. My SOP is to vacuum out every new/oldfilm holder I get and vacuum them out before every loading session, keeping them in ziplock bags before and after exosure. This system has worked well for me---no dust problem. These new additions are another matter. Also, the top bar(?) of the Graflex is loose on both sides of the holder and needs to be refastened. It looks like somewhere along the way a brass brad was used to tack it down on one side. My questions then are 1) Whats the safest cleaner to use to wipe down these holdes and dark slides? What kind of fastener is needed to attach or tighten the wood panel at the opposit end of the flap---this would be the end of the holder the dark slide initially is inserted in---in a Graflex holder and 3) Is this kind of repair worthwhile or would it be better to cannabalize this Graflex for parts if and when the need arises to keep my other three Graflex holders on line? ----------Thanks for any and all suggestions!
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have Fedelity and Grafmatics and use Windex, mosting a cotton cloth, wipeing down then wipeing with a dry one.

Springback

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing around with those grimey holders and decided to try a product that worked like a charm! If Windex works, I figured a can I had acquired of Magnolia Telephone Booth Glass Cleaner would work too, and man did it ever! I put the dark slides back in the holders and they went "sqeak" instead of sounding like the transmission on my Ungle Al's '54 Chevy Pick-up.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the one that's been running the last 5 years without any oil?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: