Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

On Being Weegee For A Night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schmell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all. Last night I got to go to that Halloween party I was talking about in an earlier thread.

As you may or may not know, I decided to go as Weegee. Complete with a Speed with a Polaroid 545 back and 40 packets of Polaroid 53.

It went REALLY well.

For the whole package, I had the Speed, a 135 Graflex, and an old Sunpak 511 flash. All told I could get about 12 feet of light at f/22. Which was fine. I shot of course with the front shutter.

This was my first time really shooting without the ground glass. I got my Graphics as a cheap way to get into LF and use them really as view cameras. So this was very new to me.

Following some advice I got here, I shot using the focus scale on the bed, and stopped down. I also used the framing bracket on the front and the little gun sight on the back. This worked really well. I just kept the camera at about 8 feet and shot from around 8 feet. Nothing was out of focus. And the Sunpak did REALLY well considering this was a taxing job. In fact it rarely had to recharge.

The best part of shooting was that I could give people a print right there, and they seemed AMAZED that the camera actually worked and was real.

All in all it was a great night and I learned a lot about shooting quickly and doing what I needed to do. I have a new respect for all the press shooters of the past.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been wanting to get that snap brim hat with the "PRESS" card in the brim.

I'm gonna do it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: