Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Filter / hood / adapter questions.

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi group,

I'm looking for more experience than I have to solve and adapt to this filter/hood/adapter circumstance.

I have assembled a kit of lenses for my Graflex Crown Graphic 4x5 camera that include a 254mm Tele-Optar, 203mm Ektar f7.7, 135mm Schneider, and a 90mm Graflex Optar f6.8. All working very well.

I have sucessfully screwed in step-up rings to the 135 and 254 lenses to 58mm. This permits me to use my 58mm filters and hoods from my MF rig. But the 203mm and 90mm lenses are more of a challenge. Neither have front element threading. A Series VI push-on adapter ring is slightly too big for the 90mm lens and slightly too small for the 203mm. My questions are: Bend the tangs in slightly to fit the 90mm lens and another get another ring to fit the 203mm lens and bend them out slightly? That being done - Is is better to step-up ring the push- on adapters to accept the 58mm filters and shades OR use Series VI filters and original style hoods for these lenses.

Thanks very much. - Steve

45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The series push on adapter rings came in many lens diamaters.
Use a micrometer or caliper and make accurate measuerment of the outer diamater of the lens you need adapters for.
Reforming the tangs of adapters is only good for + or - .25mm (.5mm total).
All series VI adapters will take the same size step-up/down rings and filters/hoods.
Charles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: