Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CORRECTION to question about Replacement power supply for St

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomt491

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry if I caused some confusion concerning my previous question. Instead of a Strobonar II flash unit, I have a Graflex Stroboflash II battery pack and flash head. This is the pack that held the batteries, but did not have the selector knob on the top which I believe was only on the Stroboflash IV models.

That being clearer up, I recall reading somewhere that a person rigged up a 110VAC power supply to use in place of the batteries with the flash. Does anyone know of such a device?

Thanks,

Tom T.

[ This Message was edited by: tomt491 on 2002-10-23 21:29 ]
clnfrd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a Heiland Strobonar II? So do I. If so, the power supply has a receptacle to plug in a power cord for 110-volt operation. However, you have to have two 2-volt wet-cell batteries installed to actuate a relay for the unit to operate on 110 volts. Fred.
tomt491

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks clnfrd,

As you probably know by now after reading my correction notice, I have a Stroboflash II unit instead of a Strobonar. Sorry.

Hopefully someone will know of a circuit that I could use to replace the batteries.

I'm assuming that the condensors in the battery case are still functioning, but I really won't know that until I can power them up.

Does anyone know if the flash head can be used with another power supply?

Tom T.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: