Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honeywell Strobonar Batteries

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marc_anderson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the posts below, someone was looking for sub-c rechargeables. See this link:
http://www.aspencer1.com/items.asp?db=30 - 29k - 10 Sep 2002
Texas Ed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone through searching for the best answer for replacing the sub-c's in both Honeywell trays and larger Honeywell and SunPak battery packs.

As the sub-c's in those Honeywell trays I am familiar with (700 & 800 series) are soldered tabbed cells, I think it is generally as easy to get them to a Batteries Plus store for rebuild at about $15 to $17 (applicable tax and any necessary shipping not included).

The larger packs (8 sub-c cells) cost about $33 plus T & S. Again, soldering and any needed sleeving of the cells into a column of 2 would be done for you.

check http://www.batteriesplus.com/
for the nearest store - or contact a store to for an estimate and they will likely accept shipping to them and ship them back to you.

This route eliminates the problems of buying non-tabbed cells and soldering tabs on, or (for 8 cell units) buying tabbed cells and grinding the tab off one end of each cell), etc.

I've seen outfits offering sub-c nicad cells for up to $5.00 each. Rebuilding a 4 cell tray for less than $20 is a deal - even if the mAhr capacity of the cells is less when buying the service (and I don't know that to be true).

Hope it helps someone.

Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: