Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

auto graflex jr backs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjwalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am completely new to this type of camera but from what I have gathered from previous communications here, the gramatic "23" which holds 6 exposures does not fit on the back of an auto graflex jr correct????

I have not received my camera yet and it has a back on it but I want a back which allows for multiple exposures. Suggestions????
clnfrd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Auto Graflex, Jr., has a GRAFLEX back. One option for multiple exposures is the good old "bag mag"...technically, the Graflex Cut Film Magazine. It contains 12 "septums" to hold 12 sheets of film. And, you can buy Graflex film holders (not Graphic) that are grooved on the top and bottom edges to fit the Graflex back. Just two exposures in each of these. I also understand that they made Graflex roll film holders (again, NOT Graphic), but I haven't run across any. Fred.
jjwalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the type 5 graflex backs be the proper ones?? Does type 5 mean 2x3, or could it also be a 4x5 back and still be a type 5??

Thanks for your help!!
clnfrd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my memory serves me, Type 5 is an older-type film holder, but not the slotted-type holders that the Graflex back uses. And, I believe they were made in all sizes for the Graphic Cameras. Check out this site : http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/ Look for Graflex and then accessories. They have holders...cut film magazines...and rollfilm backs. They are fast and helpful and can give you assistance in getting something for your camera. Fred.
jjwalker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great info I will let you know how it goes!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: