Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kalart side mounting rangefinder...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vic valis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Probably should just email this to Bert since he always has all the asnswers I need, but I'm at work and you never know when someone else can use the same answer. I'm going to mount one of the really old Kalart rangefinders on a pre-anniversary camera I'm retrofitting (sound fancy, no?) to be more in keeping with it's date of manufacture. This rangefiner is one with the arm that reacheS around the lip of the camera body between the lip and the drop bed. No holes in the side of the camera for this model. Anyone have any instructions for this type of reach-around rangefinder, such as adjustments and installation? I'm especially interested in the sprung plate that is mounted to the focusing rail, to which the articulating arm was attached. Specifically: is this part sprung to keep the rangefinder from being busted if the photograper racks the lens further out then the arm will reach? Anyone even know what I'm talking about, or am I being unclear because I'm at work and writing in a rush?

jeff

It said "good-bye."
larrys

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeff --
Would this be the one you were on the virge of snagging last night?
-ls-
vic valis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very same... already have two, but both in questionable condition, lacking all the parts. I hoard, I admit it, then the stuff sits around. This should give me all I need.

jeff

It said "good-bye."
vic valis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm in the process of photographing my SGs, thinking that I may post them on an AOL homepage with info like serial number, date of manufacture, dimensions and etc. Including images of external hardware and finish, type of camera back, maybe accessories. Once I have this done, I will post an email address and/or URL, and anyone with good images and info on their cameras will be invited to send them to me. May also photograph my various and assorted accessories (diffferent models of rangefinder, bag-mags for plate and film, so forth) and scan my manuals (the ones that are not already here at Graflex.org). Anyone with ideas about what other sort of stuff we can include in this database idea, go ahead and post it here. I'm no computer genuis though; anyting that is not click and drag someone else is going to have to be drafted to do.

It said "good-bye."
vic valis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it have been nice if I had posted the above notice in the proper area, under the post for Speed Graphic changes? It sure would have been, it would flow much better... I think I'll post it over there now!

jeff

It said "good-bye."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: