Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Schneider-Kreuznach f1.9 for what?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clnfrd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I buy some things which may be useless to me, but perhaps useful to someone. This is a not-too-great scan of a Schneider-Kreuznach lens, f1.9, which is obviously for an SLR. The aperture is operated by the camera, and there is no shutter. If you can tell by the flanges what this may fit, please tell me. If you have a camera it will fit, I'll donate it to you. Thanks. Fred.

[ This Message was edited by: clnfrd on 2003-07-06 06:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Les on 2003-07-07 06:14 ]
Les

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check your URL, I think you have too many "ftp" s in there

larrys

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem isn't how many ftp's he's got. He's doing a login that already drops you into his $HOME directory. The URL then appends the full path on top of that. Fix it to be just.. ..ftp://blah:blah@ftp.whatever.net/~lwblah.jpg and it should work.
HTH,
-ls-
clnfrd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know what the problem is there...this is the way I've been doing it for some time and it displays correctly here. I simply copy the URL and paste it between the bracketed img and the bracketed/img. The photo takes a few seconds to load. Are you saying you're not seeing on your computers what I see on mine? The original post shows a scan of the rear of the lens following my text. Fred.

[ This Message was edited by: clnfrd on 2003-07-05 19:47 ]
Jeffwpc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred,

I can't get the photo to load but it sounds like it may be for the Kodak Retina Reflex S/IV/Instamatic cameras. And I would love to have it if it is. I would even be willing to buy it. I'll send you my email in a private message and we can take this of list.

JeffW.
Les

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I took the path not taken and it didn't take me anywhere. I tried loading your URL into a new window and tweaking it a bit, but couldn't get anything to work. I'm not sure it's the bracket IMG stuff for the site as it may be a single character in the URL itself. You may be seeing it as it's cached in your computer or some other situation that I'm not at liberty (read intelligent) to expound about.
clnfrd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know...I just signed on again...don't believe it's cached in my computer, because I'm seeing the replies, etc. It is rather slow to load. Are you getting a little box with a red x as if the picture is missing, or what? I'll edit the post and re-enter it. Thanks. Fred.
clnfrd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I edited the post.... re-pasted same address...same result, used the same FTP method I've been using, and all other posts with FTP using BB code appear to have worked. Fred. P.S. I also re-scanned it, so although the address is the same, it's a new image.

[ This Message was edited by: clnfrd on 2003-07-06 06:37 ]
clnfrd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff W.: If you'll leave me your email address in a private message, I'll email you the image to see if it has the flanges that will work with your camera. Fred. Emailed the image to you, Jeff. If you can use it...it's yours.

[ This Message was edited by: clnfrd on 2003-07-06 09:44 ]
clnfrd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a better look at it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2933567618&category=707&rd=1

I thought I might be able to use it on my Retinas, but mine are not reflexes. You can see I gave an exorbitant amount for it, therefore, it was a small price to pay for the experience.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-07-06 09:52, clnfrd wrote:
Here's a better look at it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2933567618&category=707&rd=1

I thought I might be able to use it on my Retinas, but mine are not reflexes. You can see I gave an exorbitant amount for it, therefore, it was a small price to pay for the experience.
Charles, if it is for a reflex it will probably go on a post-III Retina that takes interchangeable lenses. Here's a chance for you to branch out farther.

Cheers,

Dan

There's nothing like a poisoned gift, is there?
clnfrd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles? Who's Charles? Fred.
clnfrd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the FTP/BB Code working on your computers in the original post on this subject? Are you seeing the scan of the rear of the lens? Are you seeing the URL instead? Please let me know if there's a problem...and exactly what you're seeing. Thanks. Fred.
Les

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still couldn't see it. All I got was the grahic square with a red X in it.

Larry S figured out the problem and I cut and pasted his fix in your post so now at least I can see it. Can anybody else? Should we start calling this lens Harvey?

clnfrd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les...now I can't see it. Just a box with the red square. I could see it before you edited it. Strange things are happening. By golly, it may be Harvey!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: