Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Schneider 180mm lens on a Graflex XLSW?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pensacola-dude

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I want to mount a Schneider 2x3 lens (180mm) on my Graflex XLSW. is this possible or is the lens on the XLSW fixed and I need another Graflex body here? Thanks for any suggestions.
Les

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll just need a mounting tube for a 180mmlens. MOunting the lens to the tube is a bit finiky as spacing is critical to the exact focal lenght. This is only true if you want to use the range finder.
jdman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to use the 180mm I think you will have considerable problems mounting to an XLSW. This camera was designed for wide lens and has no rangefinder. The only way to set the back focus would be by adding shims I guess. There is no way to set infinity like on the bellows camera. I suggest you pick up a XLRF which was designed for several different lens/barrels. Russ
alecj

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The XLSW body may be modified to use any lenses of the xls Standard camera after a one-inch xl spacer [cat. 7322] is attached.

Obviously, because of the nature of operation of the xl system, you'll still need a focusing mount for your lens. Graflex did offer a 180mm Rotelar lens.

With that lens, an aerial viewfinder, twin handle grips, an xl became Graflex's "Aerial Camera Outfit".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex XL Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: