Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

modifying a Graflex back to accept graphic holders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grafloc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like it is possible to modify a Graflex back by shiming a 16th of an inch brass frame onto the back, underneath the velvet (this frame must have a narrow cutout grove to accept a rib from a regular grafmatic) and then replacig the wooden planks on the sides of the back with wider ones. Then all I would have to do is to elevate the ground glass slightly above it's pvevious position, so it is back in the plane of focus. If this modification works - will it allow to use regular film holders, graphic grafmatics, and polaroid backs? Had anybody tried this before? I am not very comfortable with the idea of somebody reaping apart a perfectly good Speed or Crown just to salvage a Graflok back. I would appreciate any advice.

best regards,
mike meskin
bryanlaplante

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made my own graflok back in order to covert a 3x4 speed to a 2x3 w/graflok. I posted on the graphic forum, with a link to my web page showing the conversion.
grafloc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the link! It was a very nice conversion, lots of good info too. I will update the board once the conversion is completed - successfuly or not.

cheers,
mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: