Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jobo vs. Manual Proc.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim23

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a Jobo processor that I use for E6 in 35mm and 120. I notice that they make a tank/reel for sheet film. I would like to use this for b/w sheet film. What are the advantages/disadvantages of using the Jobo processor for b/w sheet film? I am currently using open tanks/hangers and am satisifed with the results; however, using the Jobo will be simpler since once the tank is loaded, operations can be carried out in daylight (also have JoboLift). Is continuous agitation a problem/advantage?
Nick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a processor but use a jobo tank on a motorbase. Works great.

Using the processor the first thing you need to figure out is how much developer do you use? The processors are all limited when it comes to the total amount of chemicals in the tank. This isn't an issue with something like E6 but with B&W and thin developers it might. You need to check your processors limits and what amounts of developer you need. Other then that you're supposed to cut your times down a little. 15% is the number usually mentioned. Once you've got your times time then continous agitation is supposed to be not an issue.

If you're using a 2500 series tank then all you need is a new reel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: