Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attaching the Flash.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tvcameraman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Could anyone help me ,I have just got my first Speed Graphic a black wartime model.I have also bought a graflite flash,this arrived with two circular clips,one with a button on it.My camera has the Kalart finder with an integral rectangular plate as part of it,this sits about 3mm out from the finder.It has one tiny hole near the top front edge of the plate.
I have tried fitting the clips onto the plate but they seem to big,so can anyone let me know how to get the flash attached,or is it just that the graflite is not suited to my older camera?
Thanks for your help,
Sean Walsh.

[ This Message was edited by: tvcameraman on 2001-09-08 11:12 ]
Les

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rectangluar plate currently on the rangefinder will fit the older graflex flash.
You need another plate that will screw on to that plate and then "hook and latch" onto the graflite clamps. Try Midwest Camera (there's a link elsewhere on this site. They bought the surplus parts from WD service.

The Graflite is a much better flash to use than the Graflex, cheaper too.
hmartin@tns.net

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
My question is regards to Les's answer. Why is Graflite better than Graflex? Hope you got my answer on my BC-Cartridge question. I just don't have the capacitor Stephen mentioned in his answer! (I was wrong, I do have the 250 MFD 25 volt capacitor!)
Harry

[ This Message was edited by: hmartin@tns.net on 2001-10-10 19:59 ]
Les

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. They are much cheaper and easier to buy.

2. The Graflex used and odd cord no longer made, so you'll have to rely on 50+ year old rubber and copper wire to make the flash work--not a comforting idea.

3. The eject button on the graflite is much better and easier to work with. If you can find a Graflex M-3 bulb adapter, it will still allow you to use the eject button on the flash.

4. The Graflite is much more versatile, should you ever get into multiple flash bulbs and the idea of using the flash to trip the shutter and the shutter to fire the flash.
jdman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2001 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure hope they don't start using the 2773 for ******** conversion as it is an excellent piece of gear, as you say allowing the use of a solenoid to fire the shutter. There is still nothing better than a flashbulb for getting a lot of light out there. Anyone know why the Heiland will not allow both solenoid and sync at the same time? And can it be modified. Russ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: