Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shutter substitutions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hwbookout

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can a 203mm Ektar in a NO. 2 SUPERMATIC SHUTTER (no synchronization) be remounted in a FLASH SUPERMATIC SHUTTER (with syncronization for electronic flash tube)without a lot of hassel? Is this something a user can do, or is it a job for S.K. Grimes?
Thanks.
Henry
Les

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think, as long as the new shutter is a No2 it would be a drop in, er screw in fit.

One thing did come to mind. Not having a 203 handy I don't know if the outside thread dia is the same as a 105mm or a 127mm Ektar. All three lenses used the same shutter, but they may have different thread diameters. Kodak might have used bushings to size the shutter to fit the lens. Thus, if you found a supermatic that once housed a 105, you might not get the 203 in there.

GOOD NEWS! I just switched the front cell of a 105 with a 127 and it fit fine, so i think all you need is a good new flash Supermatic.

[ This Message was edited by: Les on 2003-03-02 06:52 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: