Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How's this for an interesting accessory question...?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vic valis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for one of the early flip-up viewers found on the early Graflex cameras: a concave lens with crosshairs etched in it and little sigting thingy... I'm sure that's the technical term for it. I know they are very hard to find alone, and don't want to buy another whole camera for the one part. hat I DO have are most of the parts for this item, minus a spring and the concave lens. It's bent out of shape, but usable. I had a thought of casting a clear resign replacement lens with stuff from Tap plasics or someone--using the lens from a pop-up viewer I have that is completely intact-- until I find an goof replacement... unless anyone knows of a place I can find a replacement lens, or order someting suitable for less than a small fortune. Any suggestions are appreciated.

jeff

It said "good-bye."
Les

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you I'd watch ebay. Infact I'd watch real close this week. And if I were you I'd watch it right here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15247&item=3000649759
vic valis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a very sharp observer, and maybe a life-saver, and how I could have missed that when "Graflex" is one of my daily search phrases (thank god for workplaces with high-speed internet connections) could only either be explained by the fact that I've been looking for "viewer" as opposed to "viewfinder" or else by the possibility that I'm retarded (which is how I feel most of the time. Thanks for the tip off.

jeff

It said "good-bye."
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes finding stuff on that "E" thing requires that one mass speeel has baldly has the preson that listed the thingy in the first palce.
Charles

Les

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two write u R!!! It's amazing how many permutaions "Folmer & Schwing" has. I won't mention "Bausch and Lomb"

I've bought many a lens under the Wallensack name

and don't forget, if your looking for a Graflex SLR, check under "curtain aperture" camera, since manytimes that's the only thing the seller can find on the camera!
vic valis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, where would we be without people listing things without knowing what they are... used to collect WWII USAAF uniform stuff, bought my best pieces from folks who only knew it was "army shirt" or the like. One of my two flashes I was lucky to find, as the seller thought it was juat a flashlight that takes strange bulbs... and come to think of it, he or she was right.

jeff

It said "good-bye."
vic valis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, someone really wanted that viewfinder... I was outbid, and I bid BIG! Hey, if anyone sees another come up, by all means alert me. And in the mean time, back to my original question: thoughts on casting clear resign parts? Anyone with experience?

jeff

It said "good-bye."
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-01-17 21:02, vic valis wrote:
Wow, someone really wanted that viewfinder... I was outbid, and I bid BIG! Hey, if anyone sees another come up, by all means alert me. And in the mean time, back to my original question: thoughts on casting clear resign parts? Anyone with experience?

jeff

Go to http://www.surplusshed.com/ , they have a plano-concave piece of plastic that might be what you want. I suspect its much too big, but now that you're stuck again it might be worth looking at.
larrys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've dealt with surplusshed before. Good people, and an incredible variety of stuff.
Good luck!
-ls-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: