Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Printed Today!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsdean

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like the place to mention that I finally collected all the darkroom gear necessary and printed from some of the negatives I've been piling up since August. I've notice one immediate effect: an 8x10 doesn't seem anywhere near as large as it used to...

Rob Dean

Les

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet another man is lured into the poorhouse by the call of the silver siren!

Lord! I pray you to give this man access to 16x20 and 20x24 paper! Make it a quick an merciful bankruptcy! 11x14 is such a slow and painful way to go!

45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why stop there? I've thought of painting a 10' x 12' wall with liquid light and exposing it from one of mine.

P.S.
Congratulations Rob. How are they?

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2003-01-04 23:16 ]
Les

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is/was a guy on the f32 largeformat listserve that rented a room in a Toronto hotel, removed the furniture and fastened mural paper to the wall opposite the window, then blocked off... (okay so he blocked off the window first

Any way he did an 8 hour exposure via a pin hole of the Toronto skyline. He's been having a heck of a time in the dark room trying to contact print his paper neg and getting it even. I believe there were three sheets 36" x 10 feet, so that makes an 8x10 print, just in feet instead of inches.
rsdean

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8'x10' would be pretty hard for me to display in my small old house. (-: I don't think there's that much clear run of wall anywhere in the place...

As for the prints, they came out about as I expected--a few choice negatives seemed to print quite nicely on the first try at Grade 2, and others look like they'll give me an education at dodging and burning. Or I'll have to go reshoot the subjects. Hmmm...I guess that's a win either way.

More printing today, I hope.

Rob Dean

Henry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try prunes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: