Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transporting flashes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GraflexFlashLover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just wondering if any of you guys have ever had a problem taking your flashes with you on a plane. I'm going to be traveling with a few graflex 3 cell flashes and I'm kind of nervous about bringing them on as carry on, but I really hate to check them.

Any suggestions?
Les

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have them at the top of your bag. bring manuals or anything else describing them to show that they are really what they are. Be patient, be early, and wear sandals. 'cuz yo gonna be inspected at every stop.

I traveled with a couple of brass lenses in my carry on. Found out the hard way they don't like anything metal and cylindrical.
vic valis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another possibility is sending the stuff ahead if you know where you're going to be staying... FedEx it or something, so long as there is someone on the other end to receive it. Send it ensured, so if they get damaged you can get some compensation. The way I figure, there's no check-through hassle and less weight to carry, and no more chance of getting lost then if you packed them in your luggage.

jeff

It said "good-bye."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: