Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

510 volt battery pack converter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
muzrik2gr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a DC-DC converter that will take a 4.8v battery pack and step the voltage up to 510 vdc to replace the old 510 battery pack? I have built one but it doesn't support the current required by the Stronar 892 to a fast recycle rate of charge
of it's internal pump capacitor.Any takers?
Richard
Texas Ed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not 4.8v, but the Honeywell Permacad setup takes a 9.6v (8 SC NiCads) battery pack and the powerpak powers all the 800 series flashes (switchable dual voltage output for those which need less than the full power - e.g. 872/892 IIRC?).

They come up on e-Bay periodically (or at least pieces of the system, usually with a flash), but may not work and the battery pack almost surely will need re-celling. Sounds as if you could repair if needed. I have a schematic of the Permacad powerpak. If that would help, post a message to me (or post your e-Mail here) and I'll scan and get it to you as a jpeg.

Ed (somewhat north of you)
muzrik2gr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're incredible Ed!!Thanks for the rapid reply! I sent you a personal message and I'm sure I will get something going with your input.E-mail is : muzrik2gr@yahoo.com
A valued asset to this forum indeed!
Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: