Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lens Focal Length Determination for Rangefinder Cam Selectio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BPalmer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a method ever developed for users to determine a lens focal length in order to select the correct/closest rangefinder cam - either for the Speed, Crown Graphic top mounted rangefinders or for the Super Graphic?
Les

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working on that problem off and on for a couple of years. You can make a crude nodal slide out of a miter box, a 2x4, and a dull nail.
This set up can get you close but no where near the 1/10 of a mm that cams are spec'd to.

I've talked with "lens people' with the idea of getting an optical bench and offering the service, but most benches are '3 meters long' . Well my wife just doesn see an optical bench as 'an interesting credenza' especially when it blocks the kitchen door. and it would be criminal to put it in my unheated, unlevel, garage with all my wood working dust.
so from my perspective, the answer is, at least at this point........ No.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: