Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wollensak optar 135mm lense

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rangerforce

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the slider adjustment between the f-stop slider and the 2 prong for the sync cord. the lever can be adjusted to OFF, FX, M, M

can someone tell me what this is and how to use it?
Les

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soitinley! this is the synchronizer for flash bulbs.

Off is obvious. FX is where you would put it for eletronic flash and MF type bulbs with short delay.

Black M is used for M type flash bulbs (the most common) and used with shutter speeds written/engraved in black. Red M is used with the Red engraved shutter speeds.

M type flash bulbs are the press 40s, #5 and press 25s, they have a 20milisecond delay. I found bulb flash works well with a 5 inch reflector and either #5 or press 25s or cheaper still is to find a bayonet to M-3 base adapter. This will allow you to use the cheaper , smaller bulbs in the 5 inch reflector..

Now to turn the tables. You say your a combat photographer re-inactor. Do you know of anybody that's researched Military cameras. I've got a couple that I can't seem to figure out what the military was doing with them.

Contact me through the private message on this site or directly at LNPhoto@ismi.net

[ This Message was edited by: Les on 2002-10-18 06:47 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: