Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shutter selection switch jammed on a Speed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schmell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just got an old Speed today which I got on that auction site that begins with an E.

Now it was a decent deal as it came with a 135 Optar lens in pretty good shape, and 5 riteway holders in good condition and I didn't pay too much.

But the shutter selection switch seems to be stuck on "front", but the action itself is on "back". No big deal since if I need to I can "T" the rear shutter open and use the front shutter with a cable release. In fact this is far from a true "problem", but I would like to have this beast working as best as possible.

So, any ideas on repair? Would it even be worth it? I'm thinking possibly not, but then again....
Les

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm not saying these things don't get stuck, they do have a safety feature so they don't move accidently

Try pushing in and then moving the switch.
Schmell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that helped quite a bit! It is a bit fiddley. Sometimes Front seems to take a bit of trying to get set, but if I'm gonna shoot with the front shutter I'm gonna just use a cable release. No big deal. I was after the rear shutter anyway with the Speed.
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2002 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Push the switch with 2 fingers straight in toward the body and push slide UP for curtain....push slide DOWN for front shutter! Bert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: