Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 135mm f4.7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadow1234

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the filter size ? My, rough measure
of lens diameter is 42mm is this right ?
Graflite

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 135mm f4.7 lens on my Crown Special and I use a 42.5 mm (1 and 11/16") Kodak Adapter Ring to push on over the lens, and then I can use Series VII (7) filters and a lens hood.

The filter I use the most in shooting scenics is the Wratten K2 medium yellow which helps to separate the clouds from the sky and gives a "snap" to the contrast.

I also use a lens hood which helps to reduce glare on the lens surface which could produce flare inside the lens and lower contrast.
Les

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my Xenar uses 40.5mm filters that screw right in. I got a polariser, a 38 wratten and a deep red from calumet many years ago. now.
photoGregor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I've just registered with this site to have an opportunity to ask your forum a Xenar 4,7/135 question:
What is this lens exactly?
I have been using it on my Crown Graphic but I have never seen any lens charts for it, or specifications even. Does anyone know about Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 1:4,7/135 specs, like hyperfocal distance chart, etc?

Les

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tis a tessar formula, just like the Ektar, Optar, Paragon, the Kodak anastigmat and of course the B&L Zeiss Tessar.

ACCURATE Depth of Field charts depend
on the size of the end result. For instance if I were only doing contact prints, the circle of confusion at which I would decide it's no longer acceptably sharp would be much larger than if I were blowing up 4x5s to 40x50, hence the DOF chart would show a greater depth of field for contact prints than for 10x enlargements.

DOF charts are easy enough to make on your own. Tell me what size negative and what size your end photo will be and I'll set you into motion. All you need is a calculator or slide rule and some not paper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: