Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Speed fittings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markdotdavies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fellow Graflexians,

I am looking to buy a Super Speed Graphic (that is what it is advertised as) and want to use it for landscapes (wide) and portrait. Can I fit the Schneider XL range of newer lenses and can I fit the Horseman 612 RFH. If these items are not suitable, what would be equivalent alternatives.

Your help would be appreciated.

Mark
mark@romteck.com
Les

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see why the Horseman 6x12 film holder won't fit. but the XL lenses, if i'm not mistaken, have apretty large rear cell.

Try to find out from the seller that the diameter of the front standard is, then check the schneider website for the specs on the lenses you were looking for. I don't have a Super speed here to check.

One way around the small opening in the front standard is to unscrew the rear cell of the lens, put the lens on the front and the screw the rear cell in from the back by removing the ground glass. But for the price of the XL line it would make me nervous too.

you probably won't be able to close the front door either with the lens in place.

45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Speed front standard opening appears to be 72.5 mm.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: