Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Century Shutter repair manual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clnfrd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Me again with another question. Does anyone have a repair manual or exploded view and disassembly info for a Century Shutter for a Century Graphic? It's the one made by Wollensak, Synchromatic, self-cocking, with the speeds color coded and marked for M, F, and X flash syncs. 103mm Graftar lens. Thanks. Fred. P.S. I have looked for this at several sites to no avail.
extraparts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can purchase a reprint of the 1967 edition "Photographic Equipment Service Instructions and Parts list...Graphex Shutters sizes 1,2, and 3", from Nortex Electronics in Ft. Worth Texas.

817-731-6611

I think they are a reprint. It is about 8 1/2 X 11 and has a cardboard cover. It is 38 pages long and doesn't copy well or I would copy it for you. I think he gets $25 but it sometimes depends on his mood. He might not sell you one at all if he doesn't think you dersive one. He is about 79 years old an used to be the Graflex service center.

Ask for Mr. Cearley.

If you don't want the whole thing, I can try to scan some of the pages and Email you. I am not sure if it isn't somewhere in this site also.

It seems to cover the shutter that you are interested in.

Neal
extraparts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have posted too quick..again. This manual shows shutters with a cocking lever, but everything else seems right I.E. "Full Synchromatic, Wollensak for Graflex" M f-X sync. The lens shown on the cover is a 135 optar. 4.7

I don't know if he has a manual for self cocking or not. If I see him this weekend I will ask.

Neal
clnfrd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, Neal. Fred.
extraparts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw my friend and he didn't have a self cocking manual.

Sorry
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred,
It seems that since Wollensak made shutters for several companies to try under one of the other names such as Kodak or Rapax or Raptar. The most common version manual may have survived. As a last resort, I have a Graflex 22 TLR with a Century Synchromatic shutter (which is a PRESS type [self cocking]) and I think I saw a repair manual for the camera at http://www.craigcamera.com .
Charles

clnfrd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Charles. Been gone a few days. Will try John Craig. Fred.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: