Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lens accessories

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gottlc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several TLR cameras (Yashica,Rollie,Ciro-flex,Richoflex..)and I want to use an adapter so I can use my filter system.I have been looking on ebay for the appropriate diameter for the lens 32mm,34mm and so forth, and I noticed a Bay 1,Bay 2, and a Bay 3 adapter for these cameras.Can anyone tell me what mm these fit or if they will work on my cameras...Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: gottlc on 2002-08-07 13:38 ]
Les

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not the expert on TLRs but I have seen some of they that use a Bayonet system to lock on the filters, much like Hasselblad does today. If your cameras have a bayonet socket around the lens then they might work, if they are smooth like Graflex 22, then the press on filter adapters are the way to go.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-08-07 13:37, gottlc wrote:
I have several TLR cameras (Yashica,Rollie,Ciro-flex,Richoflex..)and I want to use an adapter so I can use my filter system.I have been looking on ebay for the appropriate diameter for the lens 32mm,34mm and so forth, and I noticed a Bay 1,Bay 2, and a Bay 3 adapter for these cameras.Can anyone tell me what mm these fit or if they will work on my cameras...Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: gottlc on 2002-08-07 13:38 ]
Suggest you look in the front of your TLR's taking lenses. If you see a female bayonet mount (look in a Nikon SLR's lens throat to get the idea), then it will take bayonet mount filters. If not, slip on is it.

Y'r Rollei and Yashica probably take Bay I, but don't hold me to this.

Also, try asking on rec.photo.equipment.medium-format, and give as much detail as you can about which models you have.

Cheers,

Dan
ragc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a Graflex 22, among other TLRs. The 22 has friction-fit Wollensak lenses. No Bayonet adapters will fit. I have found pressure-fit adapter rings in the 32.5 and 33 mm sizes, which I adapt with strips of aluminum (water heater flue) tape on the inside. I have also found that caps can be made from chair and table plastic leg tips. These are sold in hardware stores, and come in a variety of shapes and colors. A standard size is 1 1/4", which is 32mm! Mine I made from very shallow leg caps. These caps flare to a diameter of about 1 5/8", with a recess of 1 1/4" (32mm) I double-stick-taped reflective chrome pipe caps, also from a hardware store, and used the aluminum tape trick to ensure they are snug. They look like the Rollei mirror caps.

A good lens shade can be made from the escutcheon of an old Kwickset deadbolt. I had two around from doors I had replaced. The opening at the narrow end of the "trumpet" shape is a bit larger than 1 1/4". I epoxied a ring cut from a table leg tip to the escutcheon plate, sprayed the entire thing semi-gloss black, and used aluminum tape to make it snug. It works great!

I have since spray painted the brown plastic caps black. The paint seems to be holding up well. This makes the caps look a lot better than the brown shown in my bad digital photo (film is sooo much better!)

[ This Message was edited by: ragc on 2002-09-16 18:00 ]
ragc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the caps in black, with a hammered aluminum finish shade for the black Ciro-Flex, a black one for the grey Graflex 22. Again, a fuzzy digital pix from my Kodak. Film is sooo much better!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> CiroFlex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: