Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RH10 120 roll film back -- Unloading

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steved55

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:38 pm    Post subject: RH10 120 roll film back -- Unloading Reply with quote

Cannot figure out how to unload the film. Lever won't go further. Counter reads 8 (??) I pushed the chrome small lever beneath the blue lever, but nothing. I'm aware the clasp at right of the unit opens the back and is purposefully designed to ruin your film if not wound up. HELP PLEASE!!

Code:
Henry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, you must wind all of the film onto the take-up spool by working the film advance lever. Keep flicking that little metal piece if necessary. Once the advance lever turns without resistance, the film will now be completely rolled onto the spool, and you can safely remove the film by opening the back. The film backing paper on the roll protects it from light.
Where are you in PA?
steved55

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the update and additional instructions. I did continue to move the silver lever however there is no ability to move the wind-up lever. It appears to be locked in place. Don't know why. By the way I live in Hanover PA I will keep trying and let you know the outcome.
steved55

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I again moved the small silver lever and found the wind lever will move, but with a very heavy throw. I was able to get it to the 10 and prep the film for development. Don't know why the action became so heavy at the 8 shot point. I'll see if there is some why to service it ? I suppose it can be expected for something over 50 years old. Thanks for the insight. Now to see if I can find any service instructions. Steve
William Hallett

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is quite normal for the resistance of the lever to increase as the film is advanced further. The reason is simple: as the take-up spool fills up with the exposed roll, the tension from the film acts at an increasingly large radius, producing a larger torque on the spool and the take-up lever.
Henry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I once had a stubborn very stiff winding lever on an RH10, and I "cured" it by removing the flat washer from beneath the winding key that's inside the winder back. As I recall, that winding key has a LH thread. Once the washer was removed, the lever moved free and easy, and with no ill effects otherwise. It's been a long time ago, so don't hold me to the details!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: