Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Schematics, technical drawings, blue prints of a 3 cell unit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sobahguy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[ This Message was edited by: sobahguy on 2002-07-12 11:01 ]
Les

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As moderator of this forum I will have to disagree with Sobaguy to the extent that I welcome with open arms, links, memos and other information about where to go to make a prop from something other than a real flash.

This IS a forum of how to's and where to gets, if the information saves a flash.

Having this information will allow us to courtiously direct wayward knights onto the proper path of non-destruction.

But I doubt anybody here would cough up a spring. Springs are the weak link and you basically trash one flash to get another.

Les
Cenobyte

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-07-09 08:08, sobahguy wrote:
CENOBYTES,
Trot yourself over to an auction site & plunk down your $500.00 like all the other droid wannabes.
(Jerk-boy, I already HAVE a REAL 3-cell)

That would be CONSIDERABLY LESS than what i would sell ANY part of a flash for.
Was not asking for anything but a part to make it FLASH..IS that what it is not used for?? I flashed it once and the spring was trashed. I personally would like to flash it again. I do not believe that the SPRING was a part of any SW prop.

This is not a forum for how-to's or where-to-gets for destroying good photographic equipment to the chagrin of the many members here who value such things and have just as much a photographic interest in this equipment as you folks seem to have interest in mutilating it and promoting its extinction.
(READ MY POST IDIOT!! My flash is COMPLETELY ORIGINAL!!!!! NO HOLES OR ANYRTHING MISSING ON IT.)

The banner on this help board clearly state "NO SALES". Perhaps checking with your legion of fellow jedis and/or trekkies will steer you in the right direction toward whatever it is that you are "needing" so desperately.
(I am sorry if NEEDING a SPRING FOR THE BATTERY so it can work as it is designed to was a crime on a FLASH HELP BOARD!!!

The plethora of prop-making how-to websites far outnumber the sites dedicated to the use, care & preservation of graflex cameras.
(Get a life! I was looking for a simple SPRING!!! PLEASE READ MY WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU ELECT YOURSELF SPOKESMAN FOR THIS BOARD AND SLAM ME)

Best of luck.
(You are an ignorant jerk.)

Where did I say that anywhere amd I trying to buy a flash?? I believe that I wrote that I OWN a 3 cell and that it has NO HOLES DRILLED IN IT AND DOES FLASH!!.. Guess looking for something like the BATTERY SPRING is the wrong thing to do here.

I also spoke of other places to get REPLICA flashes go a real 3 cell does NOT get ruined.

Please get off of your little high horse here as I was NOT begging for ANYTHING NOR was I trying to SCAM ANYONE!!

Kindness goes a long way. Do you know me??? I think not, but with your ONLY post directed toward ME, I can safely assume that you are a pathetic arrogant JERK (I will not curse here)

Moderators and admins, I apologize for my tone, but the person who solely decided to slam me I guess did not read past the first sentence of my post. If they had, they would have realized, that I did not bastardize my 3-cell. As I tried to explain, you can use other means to convert them than drill holes etc.. I also wanted to let you all know that there might be a new reseller or pretty accurate (Non-flashable) 3-cell replicas maybe in the near future so you can forward people fishing here for a real one to the replica makers. I figured that should make everyone happy. I guess not.

If you feel my post is too inflamatory, please edit the words used and not the post as I believe i did nothing wrong here, but add to a discussion while looking for a simple part for my fully functional 3-cell.

Thank you.

/
[ This Message was edited by: sobahguy on 2002-07-09 08:48 ]
Cenobyte

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent a PM to Les on my previous post if another MOD sees it as I did write to him with some information and explanation.

Thank you
Cenobyte

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And BigJule,

Send me a PM and I have hardware graflex plans.
Completely built from parts you can find at hardware store. And looks great
sobahguy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CENOBYTE.....
i was very wrong in the way i reacted to your posting and i apologize for having misread and/or inaccurately interpreting both the tone and tenor of it. It is clear that i caused upset in this instance. surely my intention was neither to inflame nor attack either you or anyone else personnally. I should have read what you posted more closely and i should have chosen very different content in my post. I am greatly sorry for damning the integrity of this board and questioning the integrity of any one (or all) member(s). I only hope that you will accept my apology & forgive my shortsightedness (and the mistake that i made) in the same heartfelt manner in which i offer it to you.
SG.

[ This Message was edited by: sobahguy on 2002-07-12 11:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: sobahguy on 2002-07-12 11:45 ]
alecj

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, now Sobahguy. Now you've really done it. That's setting a BAD precedent, here. The usual approach is just to fade into the woodwork for a couple of days, then magically appear again. This mea culpa thing is a big change. Nobody has thin skins around here! [grin].
sobahguy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usually yes, alec, but i have too keep my sobriety. i screwed up and have to make amends. i was wrong, no question, period. an apology is the right thing.
Cenobyte

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sobahguy,

Thank you for the apology.

I also do not want any tension here.

I have enjoyed reading the posts here and do not want any animosity.
The intention of my post was for you all to be able to point prop people away from real graflex flash units to replicas that if they want to trash it..No big deal. (I personally know of 2 people that just finished doing runs of graflex replicas which I bought solely so I do not ruin my real one)

I respect the general consensus of this board toward prop makers and collectors, but truely, I know a LOT of prop collectors that own MANY 3 cells and all are still fully functional and some are also camera collectors on top of it.

I might have been harsh on my reply, but I felt that I was slammed for being a "prop collector" and not seen for who I am. A prop collector that is here because I wanted to, not to scam anyone out of their flashes.

Just FYI, I did get a hold of a spring.

Thanks to Les for understanding my reasoning of my original post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: