Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Comer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Berniespic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Speed Graphic with a drop down bed, curtain Aperature, Kalt Range finder, and a strange type of Flash Atachment.
1ea 6x6,& 6x7 Roll film back, ground glass focusing
I have 4 lens they are as follows,

Kodak Dakar No 1, 128mm F6.3, SSpeeds of T B 10 25 50 100 Dist 2metre-30Metre

Eastman Kodak Co.(Shutter made in Rochester N.Y. USA) Kodex No.0, 81mm, F7.9, SSpeeds T B 25 50 Serial # 36975

Voightlander Compur, Antistigmat "Skopar" F:4.5, 13.5cm, S Speeds T B 1 2 5 10 25 50 100 200, With an emblem of a F
with a D Laying on top of it. No 750398

Graphex Optar,Made by Wollensak Rochester Usa For Graflex, 101mm, F 4.5, SSpeeds T B 1 2 10 25 50 100 200 400,
No 476587

Equipment is in very good shape from decent Storage.
For a test shot I did Scenics from a roof top with Transparecy Film best way to test they say, did O.K. for first time

I cant find much information on the lens'es, Have found some info on the Camera. Very Scarce

I am looking for leads as to rarity of the collection,and pricing on the collection as a whole, or in part, and where I can find information on the items mentioned.

I have surfed the web and info is limited, so if anybody has info please I would love to hear from you Thanks.
Les

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I have a Speed Graphic with a drop down bed, curtain Aperature, Kalt
Range finder, and a strange type of Flash Atachment.
1ea 6x6,& 6x7 Roll film back, ground glass focusing"

You don't say what size the speed graphic is or what model. Pacemaker cameras tend to have a higher value over Anniversaries and 4x5 tend to have a higher value over 2x3. If it uses metal lensboards, it's a pacemaker, wood or plastic was used on Anniversaries. Ballpark value $75-$250. I'm guessing the flash is either a Mendelsohn Speed Gun, or a Kodak Flash with a synchronizer

The first two lenses came out of folding cameras and have little resale value, though they might give great results

The Skopar is Voigtlander's Tessar. A nice lens, capable of great photos, but not much in value. Also found on European folding plate cameras and roll film folders.

101 Optar. This is the standard (or one of a few) lens for a 2x3 Speed Graphic. On it's own maybe $50-75

There is only one RARE or scarce 2x3 speed Graphic and that is a rotating/revolving back 2x3 made by putting an RB back on a 3x4 Graphic. These were only made one year. The rest are all very common.

There is no added value to the rarity of combination. Lenses and accessories were added by the owners as time went on, just about every Speed is unique.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: