Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

military super speed recommendable ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moni

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking about buying one of these military super speed kits on ebay. Has someone done this and what are your experiences?
extraparts

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several military surplus cameras and a Super Graphic. As near as I can tell there is no difference between "normal" cameras. Some have been in a box and not used and others have been "rode hard and put up wet".

However, the military does seem to have a bad habit of engraveing markings and glueing on name plates. My F2 has glue from a name plate that just won't come out of the leather with any solvent that won't eat a hole through a concrete floor.

Some of the sets that I have seen on Ebay look brand new in the pictures. I have been told by knowledgeable people that sometimes the government has a standard set of equipment that they issue, even if the people that they are issueing it to don't want it or need it. So you get old cameras that are in brand new condition.

On the other hand Nikon should buy my F2 to use in its advertising. It couldn't look worse and works perfectly.

Neal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: