Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

color change for new posts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Les

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few weeks back I noticed an abrupt change in the effectiveness of the color change of new posts.

Before the change I could quickly see from the helpboard main page, what forums had new posts in them. They didn't change until I clicked on that forum.

Once in the forum, again the individual posts wouldn't change until I clicked on them.

Now if I open up the helpboard main page, once in a while the color change will be there, and if I leave (to snipe something on ebay) and come back the main page will show I've read everything.

Once into a forum, all post are seen as read regardless of whether I've seen them or not.

--------

did I do something with my preferences to change this, or has the sight changed, and how do I get it back?

running G4 867, IE 5.1 for mac on a cable modem

45PSS

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the same problem; I've just been looking at the post dates for a few months! (2 or 3).
Compaq, winME, dialup, IE 6.?

Les

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's both good and bad. I'm glad it not just me, but if it were me, then I might be able to do something about it

alecj

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time it's not YOU, Les! I miss that feature too.

But, wait a minute. Haven't you left labor and gone over to management now? Surely you can get it changed, can't you. Isn't that why you earn the big bucks on this board?

[ This Message was edited by: alecj on 2002-05-28 06:10 ]
Les

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the kid that hung around the candy store, Leigh Klotz, Jr. finally gave me a job only because I was here all the time. He still has the keys to the room full of ones and zeros. All I can do is delete and modify posts, should we be attacked by clones.
klotz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you folks check the your Cache settings in Explorer or Netscape, under Tools/Preferences or Edit/Preferences. See if it's set to "Automatically" or "When the page is out of date" for "How frequently to check a page for updates."

In IE you can force a reload of all cached images by doing Ctrl-F5.

Les

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on IE 5.1 mac and had it set for "never" with a 40meg capacity.

what should I set it for?

45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was using IE5.5 now 6.0 on windows, settings set to never also.
I noticed the change of function around the power supply/hard drive change time.

Charles

klotz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if you have "When to check the page" as "never" then once it gets an idea of a page, i won't check again in some cases. It's kinda complicated, since there's the specification about what to do, what the browser actually does, what the web server is supposed to do, what it actually does, etc. I recommend changing it to "Automatically" and see if that improves your browsing experience. That should also work for Netscape 6.x or Mozilla.

For Netscape 4.x users, I recommend not using teh disk cache (set it to 0 MB) if you are presently experiencing occasional Netscape crashes, as there are bugs in the disk cache in Netscape 4.x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: