Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Autodiaphragm not working on Super D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoctorJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Autodiaphragm not working on Super D Reply with quote

Between the advice on this excellent forum and support from Bert I am slowly restoring the 1948 Super D handed down from my uncle. However, I cannot seem to find the information or resources to get the auto diaphragm functioning. The cocking lever (don't know what else to call it) can be set but just doesn't return to set the diaphragm when the shutter is released. Sorry for the inarticulate explanation. Any help would be appreciated.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/graflex_16.html
1. referring to figure 5 on page 7 of
http://www.cameraeccentric.com/html/info/graflex_8.html
or
http://graflex.org/RBGraflex/
with the stop pin anywhere than wide open does the aperture move freely from wide open to the stop pin by spring action or do you have to move it manually?

If you have to move it manually the spring inside the lens barrel that operates the aperture is stuck or broken.

2. The camera body only provides the catch/release for the lens aperture. If the release is fixed on the shaft and does not move until the camera body release is pressed then the camera body is functioning correctly.
DoctorJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear 45PSS

Thanks for the input. It is indeed necessary to move it manually. There is no spring action at all. So, is it possible for me to repair the spring? How does one go about it?
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know. I've never had my hands on one but I confident I could disassemble it if I had it in my hands.

email me some pictures and I'll try to determine how it comes apart.

check your private message(s).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: