Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cut-down 120 Film Holder??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1750Shooter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Cut-down 120 Film Holder?? Reply with quote

Has anyone cut down a 4x5 120 film holder? It doesn't look too hard. I need one for a 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Anniversary Graphic & the only ones I can find on @#$%%Bay are too spendy for me.
Sirius Glass

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be less trouble for you to buy 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" film from FreeStyle.

You can also put in a special order to Ilford every June for a September delivery.

I had a cosmetically beautify 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" 1919 RB Graflex, that was not reliable so I returned and bought 4"x5" 1928 Graflex Model D and a 4"x5" Pacemaker Speed Graphic cameras instead. It took me almost a year to sell off the 600 Ilford sheets that I special ordered and bought. In the mean time the price of film rose and there was a stampede for the last three boxes of 50 sheets each.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a RFH for a 2x3 body and make an adapter to the 3x4. The 4x5 RFH has a lip that is thicker than the surrounding area between the shell and outer edge. Keeping the frame area centered on the 3x4 while moving the light trap ridges may pose a problem on the cut down and will be easier on adapting up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: