Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fixing Kink in Wire-Spring Frame

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Povlick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Fixing Kink in Wire-Spring Frame Reply with quote

Greetings,

The wire spring frame that pops up from the front standard (used for framing image) has a kink. It looks like it was pushed in abruptly and has a slight kink / stretch in it. Will some tweezer work be able to fix it? One of the coils is stretched and it seems difficult at best to get it back in position.

Would a replacement be available?

Removal Easy?

Many Thanks,

Tim
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/servicemanual.pdf

There are several complete front standards on ebay at this moment (3:22pm PDT). The finder parts show up occasionally.
Tim Povlick

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Thankd for the Guidance Reply with quote

Thank for the link to the manual. Should be doable. Once replaced I may try to see if the spring can be reformed, although I have my doubts.

Off the the 'bay with me.

45pss your help is greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Tim
Tim Povlick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: It is Done! Reply with quote

Reporting back.

I managed to score a front standard from *bay although I wanted the Super Graphic but settled on a Crown Graphics version. Taking apart things was not to bad with the instruction manual online. Once I figured out the screws were 'stacked' in and not removable.

The Super Graphic was more difficult to work with. While apart I cleaned old lube and redid it with Krytox. Also cleaned the contacts for shutter and every thing else made of metal. The camera was in excellent condition but is now even cleaner.

The frame for the spring is different on Crown Vs Super due to a missing cut-slot. Probably one could make it work but I simply swapped the spring.

Back together and tested and all seems to work. I was expecting this to take about 15 minutes but burned thru 4 hours.

Thanks for the help Ch (aka. 45pss)

Best Regards,
Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: