Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex 4x5 Revolving Back Ground Glass

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Other Graflex Camera Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcojoe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Graflex 4x5 Revolving Back Ground Glass Reply with quote

I have an old 4x5 Graflex Revolving Back Camera and when I got it, the ground glass was broken. I have been trying to replace it, buy no one on line seems to have the replacement. Because the retaining stripes on the side, it measures 4 x 5 1/16... Was this a special ground glass or do you know anyone who has one ?????
Marv Chait marv5555@aol.com
45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you are referring to the view hood ground glass, not the Graflex Ground Glass Back.

Graflex SLR's are a variation on a theme, therefore very similar but different. I assume each model or at least each format had its own ground glass size.

With regard to the view hood gg, as long as the glass sits on the lip it should work.

Go to ebay and search for ground glass in cameras and photo category. There are two or three sellers listing gg for Graphic cameras that say they custom make to your dimensions.
Sirius Glass

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you find the ground glass, I suggest that you mark it with the borders for the frame of portrait and landscape positions. That is what the original ground glass had.

Perhaps 45PSS can tell you where a photograph of a ground glass with those marking can be found.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Other Graflex Camera Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: