Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fujis' FP100-45C Compatibility w/ 545i Polaroid Film Holder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnF

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Fujis' FP100-45C Compatibility w/ 545i Polaroid Film Holder Reply with quote

I have a 405 Polaroid back for my Graphlic View and use Fujifilms' FP100C 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 with great success. Unfortunately my Calumet 400 will not adapt to the 405 back and I have to use an old 545i holder. Since Polaroid is now history:

Does anyone know if the Polaroid 545i film holder will accept Fujifilms' FP100-45C Instant film? I want to run some tests and don't want to buy film that won't work with the holder. I'm trying desperately not to have to pay the scalping price for Polaroid type 59 or 79.
banjo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey JohnF

you can go to Fuji & see what they have but it looks like two size of pack film is all

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/professional_photography/film/fujifilm_instant_films/index.html

banjo
JohnF

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply,

What I have been looking at is what I think is a new Fuji product that fits their PA-45 holder:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/278327-REG/Fujifilm_15435638_FP_100C_Professional_Instant_Color.html

It is similar to the 545i and I was hoping it would put me be back in business on the Calumet without having to purchase a new holder : )
banjo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey JohnF

it looks like a Polaroid 550 Film Holder !?!
& if you can't us a 405 Polaroid Film Holder you mite not be able to us PA-45 holder!

I know that Konica was playing with an Instant film that was used in a 545! I called
them in Japan trying to get some back in 98 with NO LUCK they said that it was not
for the US market !! and ask me how I found out about it !! as I had the cat# for it!

a man from Konica Japan was in Trinidad CO. & gave some to a friend to try!
but I have not seen or heard of any since then AND I have tryed since then.

banjo
Les

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuji does not make single sheet instant film, only two sizes of pack film. (PS-45=Pack adapter 4x5).

Unless you have a Graflok or 'International' back, I don't see how you can use it.

Les
JohnF

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Les,

That's what I wanted to know. Just wishful thinking on my part. The issue with the 405 back to the Calumet 400 is the Graflok frame. I went with the 405 back for the Graphic View because it uses the same size film pack as the Polaroid back on my RB67. No need to stock two different sizes.

I love my Graphic View and was planning to dump the Calumet and toss the 545i in the deal. I hoped film was now available : ( Would the Fuji PA-45 fit in the Calumet 400 spring back?
sobahguy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there...I'm rejoining the board after some time away (and following my recovery from brain surgery!!!) OK...so I'm a little confused after this discussion. Since I've been away from very much photography for a couple of years can anyone recommend any films that CAN be used with the Polaroid 545 & 405 holders? I don't even know if there are any films for them since Polaroid went belly-up but this forum's great users are the best people to whom to make this inquiry. I guess I'm just looking for color and B&W films with good exposure/contrast latitude in the 100-200 asa range. Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated. All the Best, My Friends!!!
banjo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey sobahguy

as of now all that I can find is some Fuji go to

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/278327-REG/Fujifilm_15435638_FP_100C_Professional_Instant_Color.html

405 & maybe 550 backs NOT 545
banjo
JohnF

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, hope you're well.

The 405 back will use readily available Fujifilm product:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=fuji+instant+film&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

The 545 uses sheets and that is where my quest has led to disappointment. The sheets (various numbers) are only available after market and you will pay dearly for out-of-date product.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: