Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pictures taken by Graflex cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex Journal and GHQ Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmaselli

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Pictures taken by Graflex cameras Reply with quote

I am donating my collection of Graflex cameras to the ARMitchell Museum in Trinidad, Colorado. To my knowledge this will be the only make specific display for Graflex. As part of the display I have been asked to set up te display. I have a collection of over 40 camras for this.
I need help in coming up with photographs which most likely were taken wih Graflex. I would appreciate any help with photographs during any part of Graflex histoy.
Thanks, Mike
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting project. Are you including all models of cameras made by Graflex? I lived in Colorado for 40 years or so and find it interesting that this display would be in Trinidad. Not the location I would associate with Graflex history. Would recent photos be of help? If so, I could send a print or two. Best of luck with your project, which I hope to see next time I venture south.

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
mmaselli

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn Would appreciate pictures. Trinidad is a bit obscure but they were willing to host it and have the room. They have set a side one of their room just for photograhy. They have a very extensive photographic collection. If you want you can send th prints to me but I will have the director of the Mitch write a thank you which yo can use however.
Again thanks.

Mike Maselli
707 Palmer Ave
Pueblo, CO 81004
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, let me get in the darkroom and print a couple for you. May take a little time but you'll get them. I think what you're doing is really great. I'll send samples from 2X3 and 4X5 Speed Graphics.

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
mmaselli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great-- Just starting to put dislay together. For inf-- my collection is over 40 altough will keep two for me. The room is about 12 x 50 of whch I can use one sort side and one long side. Also planning on using a ree standing unit which can handle multiples of 16 8.5 x 11 per side with up to six sides. Will hang real photos on the long wall.
mmaselli

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:46 am    Post subject: Closing of displah Reply with quote

I am sad to have to announce that this display has been taken down. The room it was in has been turned into storage partially due to a lack of volunteers to keep things going. Consequently, I have removed all the cameras as of Aug. 2015. MM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex Journal and GHQ Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: